About our Climate Change news...
Climate change refers to change in averages over a long period, but the science is clear that our climate is now changing rapidly, driven by human activities.
Human activities – particularly the burning of fossil fuels – have released sufficient quantities of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases to trap additional heat in the lower atmosphere and affect the global climate.
The effects of climate change are already happening, including more frequent and intense drought, storms, heat waves, rising sea levels, melting glaciers and warming oceans. As climate change worsens, dangerous weather events are also becoming more frequent or severe.
Climate change impacts human health and crop growth, while many people face being displaced from their homes. Climate change also places species at an increased risk of extinction.
What can be done? The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has stressed the need to keep global warming below 1.5 °C (2.7 °F) compared to pre-industrial levels in order to avoid some irreversible impacts.
To make progress towards a goal of limiting warming to 2 °C, in 2019 the United Nations Environment Programme estimated that, within the next decade, countries would need to triple the amount of reductions they had committed to in the Paris Agreement; an even greater level of reduction is required to meet the 1.5 °C goal.
"Five years since the adoption of the Paris Agreement, the world is still far from meeting its climate goals," the UN reported in 2020.
NewsNow aims to be the world's most accurate and comprehensive climate change news aggregator, bringing you the latest climate change and global heating headlines from the best climate sites and other key regional, national and international sources. Whether it's global warming news, headlines about Extinction Rebellion or the latest climate study, we've got it covered - breaking news from each site is brought to you automatically and continuously 24/7, within around 10 minutes of publication. N.B. Relevance is automatically assessed so some headlines not qualifying as climate change news might appear - please feel free to contact us regarding any persistent issues.
- Change Manager jobs in London
- Change Manager jobs in Manchester
- Change Manager jobs in Glasgow and Surrounding Areas
- Change Management Consultant jobs in London
- Change Manager jobs in Central London
- Change Manager jobs in North West
- Change Manager jobs in East of England
- Change Manager jobs in Bristol
- Change Manager jobs in East Midlands
- Change Management Project Manager jobs in South East
- Jobs in the UK
- Change Manager jobs
- Business Change Manager jobs
- Change Management Project Manager jobs
- Change Manager jobs in Scotland
- Change Manager jobs in Edinburgh
- Change Management Consultant jobs
- Change Management Lead jobs
- Change Management Analyst jobs
- Organisational Change Manager jobs
- People Change Manager jobs
- Change Management Specialist jobs