NewsNow breaks 9000 source barrier
NewsNow.co.uk has become the first European online news monitoring service to provide non-stop searching of 9000 online news sources.
The news comes just a month and a half after breaking the 8000 source barrier, indicating an increase of over 25 sources on some days.
NewsNow IT Manager Adam Newby said: "We are processing around 80,000 articles a day which brings us close to one article per second. That gives an indication of the volume of sources we are covering."
NewsNow benefits from a dedicated publishing search team and nominations from many of the 300,000 regular users to its free news portal. Each potential source is checked for quality and credibility before being accepted into the database.
In addition to 1000 new news sources, NewsNow has also recently created the World Business free newsfeed.
NewsNow has pioneered online news monitoring in the UK with the creation of the UK's most popular news portal and dedicated monitoring services for business. The free portal provides hundreds of tailor-made feeds on a wide range of topics as well as offering a free one-word search option.
Publishers wishing to submit their site click here.
NewsNow is Europe's pioneering Internet news monitoring agency and supplier of tailored, aggregated newsfeeds.
NewsNow's customers hail from the world's PR, marketing, communications and web design departments of SME, national and multinational businesses and charitable organisations.
These organisations use NewsNow to gather and monitor news relevant to their company, clients, competitors, market industry and sector. Their news feeds may be delivered to their inbox, to their intranet or extranet or alternatively to NewsNow's secure web archive interface.
NewsNow is one of only a few companies able to offer this kind of online monitoring. Its customers include Exxon, Rolls-Royce, AMD and Sony Computer Entertainment.
NewsNow Key Points
- Searches over 43,000+ sources in real time
- Monitors news in over 146 countries and 20 languages
- Searches most leading international, national and regional newspapers; consumer, trade and technical titles; government press pages; press releases; blogs, webzines, newsletters and leading underground and alternative publications
- Offers sophisticated positional and proximity matching - the ability to specify keywords and phrases and the relationships between them
- No expertise necessary - professional staff take care of your changing needs
- Sources added or removed on request
- 30 day news archive
- No per-article charges
- Fixed monthly fees
- Delivery by email alert, via secure web archive interface or to any intranet or website
NewsNow was founded in 1997. It began as a news aggregation website (www.NewsNow.co.uk) that fast became the UK's leading news portal. Today the portal features over 3300 topics and attracts 215 million page impressions monthly.
In 1998 NewsNow began delivering tailored news feeds to customers' websites.
In 2001, the addition of a sophisticated custom search engine capable of full-text search enabled NewsNow to deliver high-quality but cost-effective tailored Internet news monitoring solutions to PR, marketing and communications professionals of SME, national and multinational businesses and charitable organisations.