NewsNow Delivers Free Feeds to Editorial Teams
The UK's leading news aggregator is to deliver free newsfeeds to editorial teams of over four persons. The news feeds will be tailored to their needs and be received in the form of email alerts to team members.
"We are aware that editorial teams need to track online news in the same way as many of our customers and we recognise the importance of demonstrating to journalists the power of NewsNow's tailored services so we have decided to offer them free tailored services for a year," says NewsNow chief executive Nick Gilbert.
"We have spoken to a lot of journalists and found that a large percentage are unable to tap into newsfeeds because there are no budgets to do so. We like to think NewsNow will be able to fill the gap and help keep them more in touch with breaking news."
"We already know that hundreds of journalists know and use our site. Now we are inviting them to sample the paid-for service at no cost."
Interested journalists can contact NewsNow direct. Email alerts will be sent directly to team email addresses.
NewsNow is Europe's pioneering Internet news monitoring agency and supplier of tailored, aggregated newsfeeds.
NewsNow's customers hail from the world's PR, marketing, communications and web design departments of SME, national and multinational businesses and charitable organisations.
These organisations use NewsNow to gather and monitor news relevant to their company, clients, competitors, market industry and sector. Their news feeds may be delivered to their inbox, to their intranet or extranet or alternatively to NewsNow's secure web archive interface.
NewsNow is one of only a few companies able to offer this kind of online monitoring. Its customers include Exxon, Rolls-Royce, AMD and Sony Computer Entertainment.
NewsNow Key Points
- Searches over 43,000+ sources in real time
- Monitors news in over 146 countries and 20 languages
- Searches most leading international, national and regional newspapers; consumer, trade and technical titles; government press pages; press releases; blogs, webzines, newsletters and leading underground and alternative publications
- Offers sophisticated positional and proximity matching - the ability to specify keywords and phrases and the relationships between them
- No expertise necessary - professional staff take care of your changing needs
- Sources added or removed on request
- 30 day news archive
- No per-article charges
- Fixed monthly fees
- Delivery by email alert, via secure web archive interface or to any intranet or website
NewsNow was founded in 1997. It began as a news aggregation website (www.NewsNow.co.uk) that fast became the UK's leading news portal. Today the portal features over 3300 topics and attracts 136 million page impressions monthly.
In 1998 NewsNow began delivering tailored news feeds to customers' websites.
In 2001, the addition of a sophisticated custom search engine capable of full-text search enabled NewsNow to deliver high-quality but cost-effective tailored Internet news monitoring solutions to PR, marketing and communications professionals of SME, national and multinational businesses and charitable organisations.