Salary: £28k – £32k
Holidays: 26 days plus bank holidays
Location: Contemporary, warehouse-style office in Kings Cross, London N1, with excellent transport links (bicycle, bus, tube and rail Zone 1).
Benefits: Bupa, bonuses and much more…
NewsNow is a rare beast: a UK-based ‘dot com’ success story; a publisher and technology company running the extremely successful news aggregation and discovery platform NewsNow.co.uk.
NewsNow presents curated and breaking headlines from around the world for those who want to read more widely, and think more critically. By presenting different perspectives and stories covered from a range of angles, it helps people to compare and contrast opposing viewpoints, spot differing presentations of the facts, challenge their preconceptions, make their own minds up, and stay abreast of topics they are passionate about.
Founded in 1997 to democratise and disrupt the market for news, NewsNow has built up a solid brand and huge, loyal user base. Our small & agile team, together with a focus on adtech and algorithms right on the cutting edge, has delivered a run of outstanding financial results and industry-leading success metrics.
Now in our 22nd year, we're in the fortunate position of having a proven product and the capital to invest in tackling some major growth and product development plans, both here in the UK and abroad, and creating even more social capital out of what has been an extremely successful platform.
About the role
We're now looking to appoint a Data Analyst, working in a small team and in close co-operation with senior management and our development, editorial and commercial teams, to perform the day-to-day analysis of our commercial results and user engagement metrics.
The responsibilities for the role include: analysing and identifying opportunities for improving advertising performance; conducting QBRs with our commercial partners and liaising with them on a day-to-day basis regarding any issues; evaluating potential new commercial opportunities; analysing aspects of website performance, including test results for new website features that are designed to improve user experience.
This could be you if:
- you're well organised and rigorous with excellent attention to detail when it comes to measurement, analysis and reporting;
- you have maths or statistics A-level or degree level, and demonstrable experience working with numbers at a high level in your career;
- you're comfortable engaging across all levels of an organisation, internally and externally, using high level professional communication skills and an emotionally intelligent approach;
- you're someone who can think critically and challenge our own and our commercial partners' claims and assumptions.
You will also:
- be familiar with Google Analytics, and understand how to measure website performance;
- have an understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem, or be quickly able to grasp concepts such as ad blocking, 1st and 2nd price auctions, PMPs and CMPs.
As well as the day-to-day responsibilities, we are looking for someone who fully 'gets' the NewsNow product, position & ethos, who can maintain and develop our hard-fought reputation as one the UK's most technologically-advanced and forward-thinking publishers, and will help us to evolve and enhance the culture of the business as we grow.
We welcome applications for this role from people wishing to work part time, or partly from home. This role may suit a recent graduate with some experience in a relevant field, or an individual with lots of experience as a data analyst who wants to return to work in a flexible environment.
- Open: we share and collaborate within and across departments
- Scientific: peer review and experimentation is in our DNA
- One team, one vision: no office politics
- An appreciative environment: expect to hear ‘thanks’ a lot
- Room to grow: development of skills and responsibilities is encouraged and rewarded
- Family-friendly and flexible: we understand sometimes personal needs must come first
Our remuneration policy
NewsNow is an exceptionally stable business that values long-term relationships with its employees. We run a programme of annual (or even more frequent) appraisals and pay reviews, with the aim of ensuring our employees are motivated, fulfilled, and that their remuneration reflects and recognises their developing expertise (whether transferable skills, or knowledge of our particular stack), their value to NewsNow, and on the wider job market.
- Fully paid Bupa private health insurance
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- NEST pension scheme
- Competitive salary + bonuses
- Potential for flexible working
More about NewsNow
NewsNow is the UK’s largest independent news aggregation and discovery platform. A one-stop shop for news for 12m unique monthly visitors, NewsNow is a UK top 50 website, and a global top 50 news destination.
We’re a developer-driven company. Two of the company’s three directors - which includes the CEO/Managing Director - are developers.
Running stably and profitably since our start in 1997, since 2009 we’ve been experiencing even greater commercial success as an industry leader in programmatic advertising technologies.
NewsNow is proud of its place within the media ecosystem, providing a platform particularly for smaller and independent publications to reach their audience, and helping to grow media plurality. We are a driver of quality in the news media and today set editorial standards for much of the content we link to.
NewsNow is also very proud to be the first digital member of the Disaster Emergency Committee’s Rapid Response Network, which helps alert the UK public efficiently to its vital humanitarian emergency fundraising appeals.
If you think this could be you, please send us your CV with a covering note explaining your interest in and suitability for the role or apply online.