Make your career our future
200m page views. 15m users. 1 massive impact.
NewsNow is a rare beast: a UK-based ‘dot com’ success story; a publisher and technology company running the extremely successful news aggregation and discovery platform NewsNow.co.uk.
NewsNow presents curated and breaking headlines from around the world for those who want to read more widely, and think more critically. By presenting different perspectives and stories covered from a range of angles, it helps people to compare and contrast opposing viewpoints, spot differing presentations of the facts, challenge their preconceptions, make their own minds up, and stay abreast of topics they are passionate about.
Founded in 1997 to democratise and disrupt the market for news, NewsNow has built up a solid brand and huge, loyal user base (over 10m users monthly). Our small & agile team, together with a focus on adtech and algorithms right on the cutting edge, has delivered a run of outstanding financial results and industry-leading success metrics.
Now in our 23rd year, we're in the fortunate position of having a proven product and the capital to invest in tackling some major growth and product development plans, both here in the UK and abroad, and creating even more social capital out of what has been an extremely successful platform.
An increased editorial direction, a focus on credible independent journalism, as well as through computational approaches to identifying the best news to show our users has made this possible.
Expanding our capabilities…
We’re in an incredibly fast-moving world and we don’t like resting on our laurels. Life is short and we’re ambitious.
Staying at the forefront of our industry and our fields, takes huge amounts of editorial and engineering skill and creativity, and commercial nous. We’re in the process of completely reinventing our homepages, launching a US version, and much more.
Our ongoing growth plans mean that we are always looking for the talent to support our expansion, and right now we would love to hear from applicants for the following roles:
- Fully Remote Full Stack Developers
- Fully Remote News Algorithm Engineers
- Fully Remote Software Developers
- Fully Remote Senior Software Developers
- Senior Linux Systems Administrators
- Data Analyst
- Legal Counsel
- UI Designer
- Open: we share and collaborate within and across departments
- Scientific: peer review and experimentation is in our DNA
- One team, one vision: no office politics
- An appreciative environment: expect to hear ‘thanks’ a lot
- Room to grow: development of skills and responsibilities is encouraged and rewarded
- Family-friendly and flexible: we understand sometimes personal needs must come first
Find out more here: Life at NewsNow (LinkedIn).
Our remuneration policy
NewsNow is an exceptionally stable business that values long-term relationships with its employees. We run a programme of annual (or even more frequent) appraisals and pay reviews, with the aim of ensuring our employees are motivated, fulfilled, and that their remuneration reflects and recognises their developing expertise (whether transferable skills, or knowledge of our particular stack), their value to NewsNow, and on the wider job market.
- Fully paid Bupa private health insurance
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Childcare voucher scheme
- NEST pension scheme
- Competitive salary + bonuses
- Flexible/homeworking opportunities
- Choose your location: strategically located offices in London or 100% remote (certain roles)
- Cycle to work
- Social activities
- Sabbatical proposals considered after 2 years
- Contemporary, warehouse-style offices in London's Kings Cross. Or, for developers, working from home 100% of the time.