NewsNow tracks growth of 3G coverage
Online news monitoring service NewsNow has created a free newsfeed to help track coverage of 3G technology and services. Available as one of NewsNow's many newsfeed services, it shows how coverage of 3G is hotting up in the run up to the UK's first 3G service launch expected on 3rd of March and currently being hyped by the massive marketing campaign from '3', the 3G network operated by Hutchison.
"We are constantly adding new newsfeeds and we thought it time to allow our subscribers to track 3G. We tested the newsfeed and found it very useful for keeping an eye on 3G developments. It will be interesting to see it getting even more frenetic when '3' actually launches. It's the best kept secret since Charles and Camilla," said Nick Gilbert, NewsNow CEO.
"I think this will also be useful to anyone considering upgrading their phones to a 3G offering. Looking through the coverage so far you can get useful information on pricing as well as content services. I was amazed to hear that some of the pundits believe that 80 per cent of the video streaming will be porn services in the early days, for example."
To see the 3G newsfeed click here.
NewsNow is Europe's pioneering Internet news monitoring agency and supplier of tailored, aggregated newsfeeds.
NewsNow's customers hail from the world's PR, marketing, communications and web design departments of SME, national and multinational businesses and charitable organisations.
These organisations use NewsNow to gather and monitor news relevant to their company, clients, competitors, market industry and sector. Their news feeds may be delivered to their inbox, to their intranet or extranet or alternatively to NewsNow's secure web archive interface.
NewsNow is one of only a few companies able to offer this kind of online monitoring. Its customers include Exxon, Rolls-Royce, AMD and Sony Computer Entertainment.
NewsNow Key Points
- Searches over 43,000+ sources in real time
- Monitors news in over 146 countries and 20 languages
- Searches most leading international, national and regional newspapers; consumer, trade and technical titles; government press pages; press releases; blogs, webzines, newsletters and leading underground and alternative publications
- Offers sophisticated positional and proximity matching - the ability to specify keywords and phrases and the relationships between them
- No expertise necessary - professional staff take care of your changing needs
- Sources added or removed on request
- 30 day news archive
- No per-article charges
- Fixed monthly fees
- Delivery by email alert, via secure web archive interface or to any intranet or website
NewsNow was founded in 1997. It began as a news aggregation website (www.NewsNow.co.uk) that fast became the UK's leading news portal. Today the portal features over 3300 topics and attracts 136 million page impressions monthly.
In 1998 NewsNow began delivering tailored news feeds to customers' websites.
In 2001, the addition of a sophisticated custom search engine capable of full-text search enabled NewsNow to deliver high-quality but cost-effective tailored Internet news monitoring solutions to PR, marketing and communications professionals of SME, national and multinational businesses and charitable organisations.