Referral Reward Scheme
Refer → recruit → reward!
We're looking for new talent to join our engineering team at NewsNow. We're currently hiring web developers and back-end/software developers/programmers at a range of levels.
Do you know someone who has the skills and knowledge to help influence the way forward for one of the UK's favourite online news and sports websites? If so, then this a fantastic opportunity for you both!
Simply refer the potential candidate to us and if they are successful, you could be rewarded with up to £1,500! (Plus, there is no limit to the number of candidates that you can refer!)
It's easy to make a referral...
- Inform the person (or people) you'd like to refer about this opportunity. Direct them to our careers pages, which provide details of open vacancies and full details of how to apply. Get their permission to refer them, and encourage them to submit their application.
- Complete our simple online referral form. You can do this either before or after the candidate applies for the vacancy, but the referral form naming the applicant must be received by us no later than three calendar days following the same applicant’s submission of their application.
- You must submit the online referral form once for each applicant you refer, but you can submit it for as many different applicants as you wish! For full terms and conditions, please see below.
Referral Reward Scheme Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 15 December 2015
Applicant: a person applying for a vacancy with NewsNow, who has been referred by the Referrer.
Referrer: a person referring the Applicant and registering their eligibility for the referral rewards.
the Company: NewsNow Publishing Limited
- The Applicant and Referrer must each have registered a NewsNow account, in order that the Company will have verified their email addresses. Registration is simple at http://www.NewsNow.co.uk/register/.
- The Applicant must be an EU citizen (or otherwise be permanently resident in the UK and in possession of a permanent, valid and unrestricted UK work permit/visa).
- The Referrer must hold an account with a bank registered in the UK or EU.
- The Applicant must apply for permanent employment at the Company in a programming position at any level of seniority, including but not limited to web developer, software developer/software engineer/programmer positions.
- This referral reward scheme is open to both non-employees and current employees of the Company.
- An initial referral reward of £500 will fall due should a referred Applicant be employed by the Company and remain employed one month from the date of commencement of their employment with the Company. A second referral reward of £500 will fall due should a referred Applicant remain employed with the Company six months from the date of commencement of their employment. A final referral reward of £500 will fall due should the referred Applicant remain employed with the Company one year from the date of commencement of their employment.
- Where the Referrer is an individual who is not an employee of the Company, the Company will pay any referral reward(s) to the Referrer by electronic bank transfer to the Referrer's nominated UK or EU bank account, within 30 days of the referral reward falling due.
- Where the Referrer is an existing employee of the Company (including if the Referrer is a successful applicant), the Company will pay the referral reward(s) as a bonus through PAYE, within 30 days of the referral reward falling due.
- Where the Referrer is a corporate entity, the Company will notify the Referrer within seven calendar days of any referral reward(s) falling due, and will pay the referral reward(s) to the Referrer by electronic bank transfer to the Referrer’s nominated UK or EU bank account, within 14 days of receipt of valid invoice(s) in respect of each referral reward payment due. To be valid, such invoices must be valid VAT invoices in the case where the corporate entity is VAT registered in the EU.
- All referral fees will be issued by the Company in Pounds Sterling. The Company will be responsible for paying any charges levied by its own bank and the Referrer will be responsible for paying any other charges levied by its own bank or any intermediary banks.
- The Referrer must submit a referral form to the Company using the online form provided no later than three (3) calendar days following submission of an application by a referred Applicant.
- The Referrer must obtain the permission of the Applicant to submit their personal details (name and email address) to the Company before submitting such details in a referral form.
- The Referrer will nominate and provide full details of an account they hold with a bank registered in the UK or EU promptly upon notification by the Company that an Applicant they have referred has been employed by the Company.
- The Referrer accepts full responsibility for paying any income tax or other taxes due on any referral reward(s) they receive from the Company, in any jurisdiction to which they are subject.
Limitations and exclusions
- The Applicant must submit their application using the online form provided (and not, for avoidance of doubt, via email or via any third party website or service).
- In the case that the Company receives multiple referral forms naming a given Applicant, only the first correctly-completed referral form received by the Company will be valid.
- The Company reserves the right to make enquiries of the Applicant and Referrer to establish that the Applicant and the Referrer are genuinely known to each other and that the Referrer has complied with their obligations under the terms of this scheme.
- There is no limit to the number of applicants the Referrer may refer to the Company, nor to the number of referral reward payments that a Referrer may be eligible to receive subject to these terms and conditions.
- There is no limit to the number of positions an Applicant may apply for at the Company.
- If, three calendar months following a referral reward falling due, the Company is through no fault of its own unable to issue payment to the Referrer, then the Referrer's right to receive the referral reward (and any subsequent rewards) in respect of a given referral form and Applicant shall expire.
- The Company shall be under no obligation to provide any information to a Referrer regarding referred Applicants who do not apply for a qualifying position at the Company, or who do apply but are not subsequently employed.
- Under no circumstances shall the Company be liable to the Referrer or Applicant or any other party other than as expressly contemplated under this scheme.
- The Company reserves the right to amend or vary these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
- This scheme and any dispute or claim arising in connection with it (whether contractual or non-contractual) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law. Each party irrevocably submits for all purposes in connection with this scheme (including any non-contractual dispute or claim) to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- These terms and conditions shall constitute the entire agreement between the parties in relation to its subject matter (and to the exclusion of any terms and conditions that may have been or in the future may be submitted in any way by you or on your behalf).