Office Manager & Administrator
Salary: Dependent on experience
Holidays: 26 days plus bank holidays
Location: London SW1 Victoria
Benefits: Bupa, bonuses and much more …
NewsNow is a rare beast: a UK-based ‘dot com’ success story; a publisher and technology company running the extremely successful news aggregation platform NewsNow.co.uk.
Founded in 1997 to democratise and disrupt the market for news, NewsNow has built up a solid brand and huge user base. Our small & agile team, together with a focus on adtech and algorithms right on the cutting edge, has delivered a run of outstanding financial results and industry-leading success metrics.
Our large, loyal audience visit multiple times daily, excited by the potential to discover the latest and broadest range of content on the news issues of the moment, as well as the sports they love. We aim to inform, surprise, challenge and delight, 24/7.
Now in our 20th year, we're in the fortunate position of having a proven product and the capital to invest in tackling some major growth plans, both here in the UK and abroad, and creating even more social capital out of what has been an extremely successful platform.
We are now looking for a versatile Office Manager & Administrator who would provide admin support to our growing team, and help the business deliver its objectives for growth. This is a very varied role which includes general admin and PA duties, as well as office/facilities management, and HR & recruitment support. Though established for 20 years, NewsNow still has the feel and ethos of a start-up, and the right candidate will thrive in an environment where everyone works across multiple functions.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Smooth running of our new office accommodation, including liaison with landlord/property agent and suppliers, management of office supplies, ongoing evolution to create a dynamic and welcoming work space.
- General PA support to CEO and COO and occasionally other member of senior team (eg. basic diary management, travel planning, booking meeting rooms).
- HR & recruitment support, which includes drafting and placing advertising, researching and screening candidates for interview, note taking during interviews and reviews, record keeping and new starter admin.
- Project management support, especially to the product/development team, during major product improvement initiatives.
- Organisation of a programme of corporate events, for both staff, and business partners.
- Researching and scoping new projects and business ideas.
- Ad hoc corporate duties, eg. renewal of policies and licenses.
This could be you if you are:
- Motivated, enthusiastic, adaptable and flexible, with a positive attitude to work.
- Meticulous, thorough and highly diligent.
- Confident in working with minimum supervision when required and able to use your own initiative.
- Proactive: you enjoy taking ownership of tasks and issues, seek to make things happen, to solve problems and to make improvements.
- Approachable and able to inspire confidence, with a natural ability to assess people and character and build good working relationships with people at all levels.
- Professional & level-headed, working well under pressure and to deadlines.
- A creative and critical thinker, always willing to offer new suggestions and ideas as well as able to see potential flaws in plans.
- Tactful, diplomatic, professional and discreet at all times. You recognise the need for 100% confidentiality.
Skills, experience, abilities
The following experience and abilities are essential:
- Experienced in a similar role, providing first class support to senior level management.
- Exceedingly organised, highly efficient with time management/prioritisation skills, excellent attention to detail and a dedication to following up action points.
- Excellent typing skills (touch typing not essential), and professional written and verbal business communication skills including proficiency in grammar, spelling and writing. Experienced in clear and accurate note taking.
- Technically savvy. Highly proficient in the use of web and office applications, including Microsoft Excel (and the use of formulae) and Word (and advanced document formatting), and Apple Macs. Quickly able to grasp new technologies, and jargon, as required.
- Relevant recruitment experience. Engaging copywriter.
- Desktop and telephone research, strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Accustomed to working in a busy professional office environment as well as in a home/remote setting.
- Fully paid Bupa private health insurance
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Childcare voucher scheme
- NEST pension scheme
- Competitive salary + bonuses
- Flexible/homeworking opportunities
- Cycle to work
- Social activities
- Sabbatical proposals considered after 2 years
Getting in touch
If you are enthusiastic about the incredible potential of NewsNow, enjoy collaborative development, and would welcome the opportunity to help NewsNow realise its mission, then please complete our simple application form by clicking here: