Editorial Quality Control & Publisher Relations Manager
Salary: Dependent on experience
Holidays: 26 days plus bank holidays
Location: London SW1 Victoria
Benefits: Bupa, bonuses and much more …
We are looking for an experienced media professional to ensure we deliver a first-rate experience for visitors to NewsNow, through quality control of the website’s content offering, and liaison with our publishing partners. This is a pivotal role at the very heart of our business, and the successful candidate will work with the Editor and senior team to become NewsNow’s voice of authority on the quality of our partner media brands.
NewsNow is a rare beast: a UK-based ‘dot com’ success story; a publisher and technology company running the extremely successful news aggregation platform NewsNow.co.uk.
Founded in 1997 to democratise and disrupt the market for news, NewsNow has built up a solid brand and huge user base. Our small & agile team, together with a focus on adtech and algorithms right on the cutting edge, has delivered a run of outstanding financial results and industry-leading success metrics.
Our large, loyal audience visit multiple times daily, excited by the potential to discover the latest and broadest range of content on the news issues of the moment, as well as the sports they love. We aim to inform, surprise, challenge and delight, 24/7.
Now in our 20th year, we're in the fortunate position of having a proven product and the capital to invest in tackling some major growth plans, both here in the UK and abroad, and creating even more social capital out of what has been an extremely successful platform.
Quality control is at the very core of our mission at NewsNow. Unusually for a news site, a very high proportion of our 15m+ monthly visitors return frequently - often dozens of times each day, and have done so for many years. Not only are they getting what they want in terms of content, but they have also built up a high level of trust in our brand and product. They know we will always connect them with the best journalism from the best brands on the web. In an era of fake news and sensational headlines, as well as often very varied user experience, this trust in our curation is more important than ever.
As the Quality Control and Publisher Relations Manager, it is your responsibility to maintain great relationships with our publishing partners, while upholding our high standards.
Working closely with the Editor, you and the QC/Publisher Relations team will assume day-to-day responsibility for:
- Monitoring the quality of content of our many and varied publishing partners
- Upholding our Editorial Standards and Code of Conduct and managing and applying our Issue Resolution Procedures
- Overseeing the ongoing review of publishing partners, with focus on growth of our network and on-boarding new websites
- In-person liaison with key publishing partners, as well as managing remote contact with sites and brands of all sizes
- Managing email enquiries/complaints from our users about all aspects of their experience of the NewsNow website
While we expect that you will have a strong understanding of the news media and digital publishing, we welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds. Personal qualities/attributes of the successful candidate will include:
- The determination to uphold a wide range of clear rules and standards, but with the judgement to know when it’s appropriate to apply flexibility
- A considered and calm but firm approach
- Clear and confident communication skills, both written and verbal, with people at all levels
- Highly organised, with great ability to prioritise, and a dedication to following up action points
- A demonstrable passion for quality online content, and an interest in current affairs and football
- A number of years’ experience in fact checking, proof reading, moderation or editing, and complaints handling and resolution
- Fully paid Bupa private health insurance
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Childcare voucher scheme
- NEST pension scheme
- Competitive salary + bonuses
- Flexible/homeworking opportunities
- Cycle to work
- Social activities
- Sabbatical proposals considered after 2 years
Getting in touch
If you are enthusiastic about the incredible potential of NewsNow, enjoy collaborative development, and would welcome the opportunity to help NewsNow realise its mission, then please complete our simple application form by clicking here: