Make your career our future
200m page views. 15m users. 1 massive impact.
We may be a top ten UK media publisher, our website loved by millions. Yet despite our huge success, we've jealously protected our start-up culture over the past 20 years. Which means today, we're still a company where everyone who joins us gets to make a massive impact.
Expanding our capabilities…
We're in an incredibly fast-moving world and we don't like resting on our laurels. Life is short and we're ambitious.
Staying at the forefront of our industry and our fields, takes huge amounts of editorial and engineering skill and creativity, and commercial nous. We're in the process of completely reinventing our homepages, launching a US version, and much more.
That's why we're in the market for a variety of editorial, engineering and business talent, ideally with experience in the news industry, and passionate about creating news UX that's fit for the 'post-news' age.
In engineering, we're bringing in:
- web developers;
- news algorithm developers, skilled in content generation algorithms, natural language processing, lexical or semantic analysis, lexical datasets (e.g. WordNet, YAGO), data mining, signal analysis and/or cloud learning;
- all of which positions are available at our London Euston head office, our Folkestone satellite office (both with opportunities for flexible/home/working), or 100% remote.
In editorial, we're bringing in more IT-savvy media graduates, who as Editorial Assistants will be responsible for upholding website editorial standards through the maintenance and development of our online news source database:
- Fully paid Bupa private health insurance
- 34 days paid annual leave (incl. bank holidays)
- Childcare voucher scheme
- NEST pension scheme
- Competitive salary + bonuses
- Flexible/homeworking (according to position)
- Strategically located offices in London Euston/Kings X and Folkestone
- Cycle to work
- Social activities
- London head office: Stylish, modern offices in Euston, London NW1; excellent transport links (bicycle, bus, tube and rail Zone 1).
- Satellite coastal office: Stylish, modern offices in Folkestone CT20; by the sea, with excellent cycling and parking facilities, only 15 minutes walk from Folkestone Central (where HS1 goes direct to London St Pancras International in 55 minutes).